Friday, December 03, 2010

Taking time to enjoy the natural beauty of this life



 
How is it that I seem to have so little time to get things done? Could it be that I insist on stopping to smell the rose . . . Or is it's that at this stag of my life I can talk bullshit so well, folks just want more of my time? :-)




Speaking of stopping to smell the roses, I stopped by the side of the road on the way to work this morning and looked up to see a sliver of a Moon and an overly bright Venus just to its left. Sunrise was obscured on the horizon by the tail end of yesterday's storm moving off to the west. That subdued the bright orange of a sunrise and left the sky a beautiful array of blues from a translucent tropical water color to cobalt blue between bands of narrow long gray clouds. There was a little haze giving the Moon and Venus a beautiful glowing effect. It was a great way to start the day.

No comments: