Tuesday, June 22, 2010

VW Bus - Our Magic Carpet Ride

A young student in my office has revealed his love of VW buses.  The has just acquired one and had great plans to restore it. 

That got me to searching my photo archive for a picture I took years ago.  Here it is.

Taken with a Yashica 124 G Twin lens propped up on something.



This is probably summer of 1973.  We are just about to get underway to a Moody Blues Concert in München, Germany.  This was taken at O'Brien Kasern at north end of Schwabach, Germany just south of Nuremberg.  The concert wasn't the best because the band was sloppy drunk when they performed.  But those road trips where always a blast. I'm on the left  with "VOTE" across my chest next to Jonah and his hair boots.  I can't remember the names of the other two.  What a life.  LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bus! I have a friend who is in love with anything VW oriented. Too bad the concert sucked. Moody Blues is in my record collection. And I do mean records.
How have you been? We are expecting a new little one in November, ourselves.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Nicole